Many people spend ages in the gym working out, but complain that they aren’t seeing the results they had hoped for. There could be a number of reasons for this problem such as the workout you carry out and your diet. First things first you’ll want to ensure you are getting the most out of your workout. Today I’m going t talk you through how you can improve your arm workout. This muscle building workout has been tried and tested to increase muscle fast (with the correct diet plan).
A common mistake people make when planning a workout is doing too much in one go, in fact rest is the key factor in building muscle. The following plan shows how to get the right balance.
I find that having set days to workout keeps me on track and generally I would suggest three workouts per week, alternating between light and heavy days. Just ensure you have a day to rest in between heavy and light days! For those of you that don’t know what the difference between heavy and light workouts are, I will explain now. When you are carrying out a heavy workout, your reps (the number of times you repeat a certain exercise) will be lower and your weight will be heavier. When carrying out a heavy workout, you should only just be able to carry out the number of reps recommended. On a light day your weights will be lighter and your reps will be higher. The following is a good guide to the amount of reps you want to aim for.
· Set 1: 4-6 reps
· Set 2: Fast movements 6-8 reps
· Set 3: Slow movements 4-6 reps
· Set 1: 12-15 reps
· Set 2: 8-10 reps
· Set 3: Slow movement (5-6 seconds) 4-8 reps
The best seven exercises to include in your workout:
1. Bicep curls – Use a dumbbell, starting with a straight arm, slowly lift the weight to bend your arm. Return back to the resting position and repeat.
2. Close-grip bench press – With a barbell, place your hands close together on the bar lowering to your chest and then back up until your arms are straight, repeat.
3. Close-grip barbell curls – Use a barbell and two hands, copying the same movement as the bicep curl, using a close grip on the bar.
4. Triceps overhead extension – Take a dumbbell and hold over your head with straight arms. Bend the arms to lower the weight behind your head. Bring the weight back up and repeat.
5. Wide-grip barbell curls – Use a wide grip, doing the same movement as the close-grip barbell curl.
6. Triceps cable push down – Using a high cable pulley, using an overhand grip, pull the bar down until your arms are straight, keeping your elbows fixed in their position. Slowly allow the bar to return to its original position without letting the plates touch. Repeat.
7. Overhead cable curls – Take two high cable pulleys and stand in between them holding the handles with an underhand grip. You should make the shape of a T. Perform the same movement as the bicep curl.
This article is just a small sample of the best techniques to follow if you want to see results fast. The following workout plan gives a huge amount of detail into the best full body muscle building workout plan and has changed the lives of many, whether you are looking to lose or gain weight.
The original post can be found on our blog here.